Monday, August 3, 2009

the taj mahal.


The Taj Mahal was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. It is considered one of the 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD and I got to see it! SIDE NOTE: I almost missed this opportunity thanks to a late night caring for the young and drunk as well as the lack of a wake-up call from the hotel. That is my excuse for my exhausted appearance in these photos, which is unfortunate. There is no description that I could give to do this building justice. It was absolutely amazing. It felt surreal to be there and experience something so unbelievable. We toured the grounds and the inside. The detail and symmetry is nothing but perfection and artistry @ its best. We were lucky to be there at sunrise which was breathtaking. There was a man who came up to Chelsea and I as we were taking pictures and he offered to take one for us, directing us to a great photo spot. We were so impressed with his work that we followed him around for another 10 minutes, posing for his pictures. Don't worry, we paid him. Steve was getting a little nervous about the sketchy situation and followed us around to make sure he did not pull any stunts. We are pretty sure he thought we were lesbians because he had us pose together for a photo as if we were standing @ an altar. We were laughing hysterically; great memories.









Yes, this is my evidence that I practiced YOGA @ the Taj Mahal. Best moments ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment