Tuesday, July 14, 2009

only DAYS to go




I leave for India in 56 hours. Crazy. This opportunity presented itself about 3 weeks ago and after 48 hours of weighing pros and cons, I decided to take on the adventure of 16 days in India with an organization called Rising Star Outreach. Friday morning I will fly from SLC to JFK, on to Belgium, and finally to Chennai, India. After 3 1/2 weeks of planning and preparation, shots, pills, 24+ hours of traveling, and much anticipation, I will have the opportunity to serve the people of India through building, teaching, working in an orphanage, washing and bandaging lepers, and transcribing their life stories as dictated by a translator. How lucky am I? These posts are an attempt to cherish the moments and share my experiences with my family and friends.


ITEMS TO DONATE.










TO KEEP ME FROM STARVING. I AM A BIT OF A PICKY EATER...













PACKING IN PROGRESS.

1 comment:

  1. I am soo excited for you, and I must say a lil jealous! What an amazing experience this is going to be! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete