Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 1.


I just wrote a huge post and lost it with this highly dependable internet. So, here is a quick re-cap of my day.


CHURCH. amazing.


LUNCH @ the Marriott. Staying @ the Marriott = BEST decision ever!


ON THE BUS



UMM, we went to MASS. I guess you could say it was cool as far as cultural experiences go but it was one of the more painful things I have done. We sat on the side in the blistering hot, wiped sweat, swatted bugs, and had some preacher man screaming in our ears in a language we could not udnerstand. Then randomly the people would start singing things. We were all looking at each other thinking, "Why are we here?" and then finally our director, Sally, waved us out and was laughing hysterically saying, "I couldn't make you sit there one more second. That is not what I was expecting." So we waited around for a while in the streets for this parade thing which is pictured above. Hilarious.




STREETS OF INDIA


DONT WORRY, we got back on the "bus" after the parade to head out to Rising Star Outreach which turned in to quite the adventure. We were on a smaller bus with only a few people and for the first hour it was burning hot. Honestly, I don't remember ever being so hot in my entire life. But then it started to cool down and it poured down rain. Conveniently, our bus did not have any windshield wipers and we could not see anything so we pulled over in the ghetto of India and hung out on the side of the road. Getting out in the rain was far better than the alternative so this picture is of Chelsea, Blake, and myself hanging out in the rain. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment