Saturday, July 18, 2009

I have arrived.

I am in India. I am lying in my bed at the Marriott Hotel in Chennai, India. Surprisingly I cannot fall asleep which is ridiculous because I hardly slept at all on my 22 hours of plane time but my body is just too wired. It is now 4:05 am and I will be waking up at 8:00 to attend church. I am so excited to start the day. Getting here was painful but as I walked off the plane and into the airport, I felt like I was in a movie. The best word to describe this is SURREAL I cannot believe I am really here. It is a crazy city to say the least. At 2:00 am the streets were still hoppin' and the airport was the most crowded place I have ever been. I have already been exposed to some of the poverty that comes with this third world country. I am highly intrigued and can't wait to see and learn more about these people and the culture. Anyway, there is my update and assurance that I am alive and well.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, i'm already stalking your blog...it's now almost 10 tomorrow morning there--so you're at church :) i can't believe it. and i love it. hope you're doing well so far babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! We are so glad you made it safely...sorry about all the drama that came with it! We love you and hope you have a wonderful time! We look forward to hearing all about your experience.

    ReplyDelete