Saturday, July 25, 2009

a unique opportunity.

Today we took all 170 of the children from the school to India's version of a theme park. It is, of course, called "Dizzee World." Awesome.


It is even more GHETTO than it appears... if you can believe that.


A girl that is here for the summer has a grandfather who wanted to do something special for these kids. He kindly funded the entire day for all the staff, volunteers, and children. Although it was chaotic trying to keep 170 kids in line, safe, hydrated, fed, and happy, we had a great time. I think these children had an experience they will never forget. Every minute I am here I am reminded of great people who give so much to make others happy. Such a unique and memorable opportunity to go to a theme park, in INDIA, with 170 orphan children. Lucky me.

MY GROUP OF GIRLS FOR THE DAY.


(I promise they were having fun. Their faces may not show it in these photos... lol but they LOVED it)

NAMES: Manodhaya. Gracy. Sujatha. Karpagam. Logeswari. Sathya.

I'll be honest, this theme park makes LAGOON look absolutely incredible. This is one of the SKETCHIEST places I have ever been. Regardless, it was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. That amusement park definitely looks a bit sketchy! The kids are adorable and I bet they loved every minute of it! I love all the pictures. The kids are adorable! Sorry we weren't on this morning to talk...we had a long night and I slept forver! Hopefully tonight maybe (your morning). We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abbs! I am LOVING your blog! How incredible that we get to have a glimpse of your experience! The kids are so cute. You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete